Monday, April 4, 2011

Awkward Moments With Other People's Kids

I admit I'm not much of a kid person. I mean, I don't hate kids, and in fact there are some I don't even dislike, but for the most part I don't really know how to interact with them. Talking to one is like trying to hold a conversation with a schizophrenic.



The other day at the grocery store, a small girl was running amok and her father wasn't making a whole lot of effort to corral her.

I really hate those miniature shopping carts.

Another time I was at the mall, and a small child bumped into me. His mother seized the opportunity to teach him good manners around strangers by demanding him to apologize, but he wasn't having any of it. It ended up being an opportunity for me to stand in as a sort of dummy on which the mother could force her child to practice his people skills.



I fully support teaching kids good manners. But is there a way to teach a child to apologize without making a stranger stand there and wait to receive an apology?
Whatevs. I guess that's why I'm not a parent.

1 comment:

The Feed said...

The stories are awesome and your expressions are equally as great. I really hope you continue these types of posts.