Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 1 - New

I'm trying a new 31-day blog challenge, because I always want to blog - really! - but I can never think of anything I want to blog about.
As mentioned in my most recent post from weeks and weeks ago, I've been taking old crappy drawings from years ago, and reworking them to try and make them better. It originally began as an exercise to use up my cheap gel pens, but turned into an exercise in self-encouragement. It feels really good to draw over an old drawing with my new drawing skills, and see how far I've come in the past couple of years.
Hence, in the theme of Day 1 of the 31-Day Blog Challenge, I found this old drawing of a baby and a scary hand that I did about 3 years ago. I don't remember why I originally did it, so it was that much easier to re-purpose.
I'm trying to use up the pink gel pen. Turns out, pink is pretty hard to use up.


Oh yeah, the theme for Day 1 is "New." Here's the rest of them if you're interested.



No comments: