Sunday, January 30, 2011

Failing at mountains with Bob Ross

Dear Blog,
Today I had a unique adventure in painting. I came to San Francisco to visit Tim and have him show me how to load Rosetta Stone onto my computer so I can learn Spanish. Then he showed me his latest Bob Ross attempt painting and we thought it would be a good idea to put on a Bob Ross video and try it together... just to see what happens.
Before today, I used to poo-poo that painting-as-a-process technique, but let me tell you it's much more difficult than it looks (especially if you haven't used your oils in a while, like a certain unnamed person I shall not mention). Here is what the finished painting was supposed to look like:


Here is what Tim came up with:


And here is mine.



Note the addition of the Loch Ness monster on the left side.

So that was my attempt experiment with oil painting. I shall like to do more of these once the weather gets nice. The reason I have to wait for the weather to cooperate is because I will have to paint in the garage, as my bedroom is not large enough to accomodate an easel, canvas, and the inevitable mess I will make.
Now I am enjoying a glass of wine and watching Duke go to town on his chew stick. It has been a productive Sunday.
Cheers,
Ay Kay Bee

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Loch Ness monster seals it masterpiece status. Well done!

AgentRock said...

I'm with Samantha on this one. It still blows my mind that Tim paints that stuff, though.