Monday, January 24, 2011

Meow

Today at work a lady took my picture. She says she's a stylist and wanted to get the side view of my haircut to use as a reference. Whatever, I'll probably be all over the internet by tomorrow.
A man came in and bought a whole case of cat food. As in, four dozen cans of cat food. I said, "You must have a very hungry cat." (It's one of my pat lines to say to customers during those situations that come up over and over. I have a whole stock of pat lines; someday I might do a post about them. Anyway. Onward.) He answered, "Three cats, actually." I'm glad he told me that, because I was thinking he either had multiple cats, or one big gigantic mutant cat. I started thinking about what it'd be like to be that guy with the big gigantic mutant cat (it gets boring behind the cash register) and decided to do a comic about it once I got home. Here it is:
Because I am using the computer that my brother-in-law generously let me borrow when I accidentally got mine drunk on champagne, I don't hve access to Photoshop at home. I have Corel Photo Paint. I hate Corel Photo Paint. It's almost exactly like Photoshop, but just different enough to mess me up. For example, if you have a selected area (which CPP calls a "mask," not a selected area) you can't just click outside and deselect it; you have to go to a drop-down menu and scroll down to "Remove Mask." Things like that. But like I said, it's nice of Tim to let me borrow this computer, and as they say, beggars can't be choosers. And at the end of the day, CPP gets the job done.
My scanner is another different story. One of these days it too might get its own post...

No comments: